Saturday, November 04, 2006


It Only Encourages Them

For years now, I've been teetering on the edge of "Just Say No!" to the voting booth. Many very intelligent individuals have made very convincing arguments against the notion of voting, and I agree with much of it. Others suggest that "if you don't vote, you've no right to complain." Of course, I disagree absolutely with this opinion. As is painfully obvious to those long-suffering readers of this blog, I do complain. A lot. There's a lot 'bout which to complain.

After the utter failure of the first GWB term in office, for which he should have been impeached and removed from office for a host of reasons, I determined not to vote for him for a second term. Sadly, the Democrats nominated what seems like the very most inept candidate that could've been found: John Kerry. How can you even begin to consider the Democrat Party if this is their best and brightest?

Of course, I voted for Michael Badnarik, who had no chance of winning, but at least has shown that he's read the Constitution of the United States (unlike either Bush or Kerry).

After the past two years' profoundly deteriorating state of the nation, and in the light of a seriously treasonous Congressional session in which almost everything that Congress did was a violation of their oaths of office, not to mention the Constitution of the United States, I've decided not to vote for any Republican for any office. Additionally, my past opinion of Democrats remains unchanged.

Thus, I'll either vote for no one in any offices, or again, vote for the candidate of the Libertarian Party.

It'd be a lot easier to just skip voting altogether were it not for the plethora of referenda on the ballot, almost every one of which exist only to either extract even more of my few remaining very inflation-depleted dollars from my anorexic wallet, or to arrange it so that the same happens to my descendants and their descendants (should any come into existence), not to mention those of my contemporaries.

What I really think, and have thought for a long time, is that America is headed toward a catastrophic financial bankruptcy that will very suddenly make life as hard in these States as it is in the worst of the third world. All caused by thieving politicians and those who vote them into office. That is, those who want something for nothing.

Well, I no longer wish to participate. I'll vote, in self defense, against any referendum that increases either taxes or debt, or further restricts the freedom of individuals. Otherwise....I abstain.

Remember, VOTE FOR NO INCUMBENT!

Warm regards,

Col. Hogan
Stalag California

No comments: