Osama Obama's entire campaign is based on the promise of Change. His every speech touts his promise of Change. In fact, he rarely ever talks about anything but Change.
According to Dictionary.com, there are no fewer than thirty-eight different meanings for the word Change. Here are a few:
1. to make the form, nature, content, future course, etc., of (something) different from what it is or from what it would be if left alone: to change one's name; to change one's opinion; to change the course of history.Obama is this term's master at saying nothing very smoothly. Like Algore, Bill Clinton (who, if you recall, also touted Change without ever defining the term), and John Kerry-- and hundreds of state and local politicians--Obama carefully never really says anything, never promises anything solid.
2. to transform or convert (usually fol. by into): The witch changed the prince into a toad.
9. to become different: Overnight the nation's mood changed.
11. to become transformed or converted (usually fol. by into): The toad changed into a prince again.
19. a transformation or modification; alteration: They noticed the change in his facial expression.
21. the substitution of one thing for another: We finally made the change to an oil-burning furnace.
Well, let's look at the record. The most recent Democrat politician who campaigned on unspecified Change and was subsequently elected, was Bill Clinton. He was in office for eight years. Let's see....what kind of Change did we get?
- Clinton's promised tax cuts were Changed into draconian tax increases.
- A nation that had the potential to be able to supply itself with its energy needs for (at least) decades to come was Changed into a nation who has to crawl, hat in hand, to the most miserable savages 'pon the planet , begging for more oil and lower prices. And the oil, coal, natural gas and nuclear material is here, within the borders of the various United States, available, and only placed off limits by a herd of leftist environazis who want to see America become a third world nation. Bill Clinton enthusiastically signed for it.
- What kind of drawers one wears is Changed from an individual's personal choice to a topic for public discussion.
- War was Changed from an undesirable necessity to defend the country's interests (not always correctly) to something an elected official does to deflect the eye of the news media away from his embarrassing personal peccadilloes.
What this is all leading toward is the notion that millions of uninformed voters are fairly in a collective swoon over a candidate about whom they know very little. True, when backed into a corner, as in the several televised Presidential debates, Obama has suggested a number of fuzzy-looking, ill described semi-specifics, like his socialized medicine plan (that's not really socialized medicine).
Osama Obama has only two years' experience in Washington DC (Wait! That might not be all bad), has done virtually nothing in those two years other than run for President, and shows evidence of having been a typically corrupt Chicago Democrat as a state official.
My recommendation is that Obama clearly define the nature of the Change he intends to force 'pon us if elected. Of course, if he does, and if he's truthful, he'll never be elected. Further, I suspect that if elected, Obama stands to rival Jimma Carter as America's most inept President, and the Change he will bring is a return to serfdom for Americans.
They've killed Freedom! Those bastards!
In the OC Register Commentary pages, dated Sunday, Feb. 17th, 2008, is the following quote, worth reading:
Blogwatch: Empty-Suit Platitude of the Week:
"But this fall we owe the American people a real choice.
It's change [all italics mine] versus more of the same. It's the future versus the past....
They are running on the politics of yesterday, and that is why out party must be the party of tomorrow.
And that is the party I will lead as president.....
You see, the challenges we face will not be solved with one meeting in one night.
Change will not come if we wait for some other person or some other time.
We are the ones we've been waiting for. We are the change that we seek.