Monday, October 09, 2006


Writer's Block....

I've been trying to write an entry about the Republicans' utter failure to do anything other than continue the destruction of the Bill of Rights and attempt to remain in power (presumably to finish the nullification of the rest of the Constitution), but it wasn't quite working. Meanwhile, I wasn't getting anything posted.

I'm gonna write some easier stuff for a bit.

Like, today. I started to watch Hannity and Colmes on Fox. Unremarkably, they spent the first several minutes talking with the very shady Col. Oliver North about North Korea. They were saying the predictable things about strengthening the ill-conceived "Patriot Act," and getting the do-nothing UN to write yet another resolution or something.

The really annoying thing--the thing that made me change to AMC (which is playing Fargo, a movie that reminds me of the part of the country in which I grew up--they really do talk that way up there!), was that once again, over and over, ad nauseum, they played that same hackneyed old footage of thousands of presumably North Korean soldiers goose-stepping in a way guaranteed to wreck their backs in no time. I think those clips were really put together by George Lucas on his Industrial Light & Magic, Inc computers at the Skywalker Ranch.

I did a little marching when I was in Boot Camp in the Navy. I have a good memory. You can't march like that.

And I can't watch those computer-generated stooges hippity-hopping past the reviewing stand even one more time.

Remember, VOTE FOR NO INCUMBENT!

Warm regards,

Col. Hogan
Stalag California

No comments: