Saturday, February 03, 2007


Blame Canada!

I don't know. I don't find anything wrong with this.....well, there is one thing, which I'll mention later. According to this story from BBC, and this story from Telegraph.co.uk, the small town of Herouxville, about 100 miles northeast of Montreal, has adopted a resolution detailing certain kinds of behavior that immigrants to the town shall not be allowed to do. The resolution reads: "We consider it completely outside norms to... kill women by stoning them in public, burning them alive, burning them with acid, circumcising them etc."

The resolution adds: "....That women are allowed to drive, vote, dance and own their own homes."

It further states, "The rules ban Sikh children from carrying ceremonial daggers to school...."

Here's where the City of Herouxville and I part company. Canadians, like most other British Commonwealth states, are not very smart with regard to the notion of self defense. Presumably, because in the end, the British Crown regards all of its subjects to be its chattel. It can't allow the serfs the right of self defense, since the serfs might someday realize that their worst enemy is, indeed, the Crown.

So, in the event of a robbery or an attempt at murder or rape, the Crown wants its serfs to simply lie down and die.

I don't accept that and, at least in a ceremonial way, neither do the Sikhs. I'll allow them their daggers, whether ceremonial imitations or real, sharp, steel daggers. I'll allow them sidearms, swords, blackjacks, nunchuks or brass knuckles--so long as they use them only to defend themselves and not to initiate force.

As to the former, islamists are notorious in their hatred for women. I have no idea how they manage to multiply--how women in islamic societies put up with their savagery.

I think it would serve all of Western Civilization well to require civilized behavior of all their immigrants.

Thanks and a tip of the battered gray fedora to Thaddeus Tremayne at Samizdata.

They've killed Freedom! Those bastards!

Warm regards,

Col. Hogan
Stalag California

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Here`s the point of this comment. Political correctness is going to lead us all, Muslim and non-Muslim, to a place where we`re down on our knees and somebody is standing behind us with a machete. We need to wake up and have a frank, honest, non-hate filled discussion about the dangers of radicalized Islam.

So what! A Quebec town of Herouxville, it has recently issued some new laws which they say will help potential immigrants fit in. Among these laws and rules, well, there`s little things like no stoning of women in public or private. No burning women alive. Really? No burning them with acid. Children are not permitted to carry ceremonial daggers to school. Also, there`s no face covering except on Halloween.

And if these weren`t crazy enough, women are allowed to write checks and drive. I mean, Canada, why the hate here?

Why did anybody think that these laws and rules were necessary at all? First of all, honor killings are not happening in or around this town. These are common sense laws that, really, come on, the majority of Muslims and non-Muslims, they already get. But immigrants coming from places like Pakistan, where Sharia law does exist, may not.

Now, the Muslim Council of Montreal has said that these laws are intolerant and anti-immigrant. Let me tell you something, Muslim Council of Montreal. You`re absolutely right. If an immigrant wants to stone his wife, then, hey, brother, I`m anti-immigrant.

But you know what? I`m going to go a step further. I`m going to see if I can get these laws passed in my hometown. Because if you are an immigrant and you want your kids to bring daggers to school and you like burning your wife with acid, not only do I not want you in my town, I don`t want you in my country. Don`t even bother buying a ticket to America. You don`t belong here. In fact, I believe you don`t belong anywhere on planet Earth.

If you want to live this way and stone your wife and burn your daughters, go ahead, brother, crawl into that cave and live that way. Just know I`m going to hunt you down, because I don`t believe you even belong in the family of man.

Col. Hogan said...

M'sieur;

I checked out your blog. Sadly, I don't read French. I'd like to read your take on hockey abd the NHL.
herev
I agree with the big part of your comment, but the Sikh daggers (I suspect) are symbolic of self defense. Many Canadians seemingly don't think themselves, their loved ones nor their property are worth defending. Thus, they allow the Canadian government to disarm all of you. I find that reprehensible.

I do think foreigners who move to Canada should become Canadians; I think foreigners who move to the US should become Americans. If they want to remain savages, they should stay in Iran, Iraq or wherever.