Tuesday, November 20, 2007


You, Too Can Own A Gun--If You'll Wear A Bullseye Tattoo On Your Forehead

In honor of National Ammo Day, I went to my neighborhood Turner Outdoorsman sporting goods store to buy some cartridges for my wee Bersa, and a couple of speed loaders for my ancient wheelgun. 'Tis the first time I've purchases any ammo since relocating to El Pueblo de Los Angeles. I didn't realize just how far down that nasty fascist path El Alcalde has led his evil City Council these past couple of years!

In order to purchase handgun ammo, I had to show identification, sign a registration form 'pon which I had to place a thumb print. Let me hasten to add that I'd never have capitulated to this atrocity, except that my fingerprints and other identifying bits have been in the filthy hands of the various hounds of state since I was a wee lad, and trying to become incognito at this late hour would be futile.

So I did it. But, I'm pissed.

You see, this is only necessary within El Pueblo de Los Angeles. Anyone can go over to Burbank or Glendale, or any of the cities surrounding El Pueblo, but I was unaware that El Pueblo had sunk to such depths. Well, I was kind of aware; it's hard to miss all the corruption and self serving crapola at City Hall, even if you're a foopbaw fan.

I'll be driving to another town next time I want to purchase ammo.

People shouldn't be afraid of their governments; governments should be afraid of their people.

Warm regards,

Col. Hogan
Stalag California

3 comments:

MathewK said...

They'll take it all if given half the chance. I used to think some restrictions on fire arms ownership was a good thing, but not anymore, now i see, every little bit is just a small step towards the greater goal, an unarmed, placid and helpless society.

Let those bastards spread that law around and the next time you go shopping for ammo, they'll be asking why you want more, we see that you've purchased 300 just last month.

Oswald Bastable said...

Hell, that's worse than NZ. All I have to do is show my firearms license.

I don't even need to do that if I'm buying components to reload.

Which with the amount of ammo I get through is a necessity!

Col. Hogan said...

Oswald,

Good to hear that someone in the other hemisphere gets to enjoy recreational shooting!