Wednesday, July 06, 2005

Star Chaser

A few weeks ago, at a service of the Los Angeles Welsh Church, I happened to (practically) bump into one of the most interesting celebrities of the day. It turns out that on this particular day, the Welsh Church was conducting a memorial for this gentleman's late mother.

I happened to be standing outside the church, greeting a friend who works for Warner Bros, when a Lincoln limo pulls up and stops. Who gets out, but Sir Anthony Hopkins, followed by his wife and a friend.

Mr Hopkins, who has been a very prolific actor, happens to have been in several of my recent favorite movies, including The Edge, Legends of the Fall and, The Mask of Zorro. I also enjoyed his work in Silence of the Lambs, The Road to Wellville and Amistad.

I was introduced to Mr Hopkins and his party, we had a brief chat, and went inside. Debbie was already inside, so I found her, but then it was time for the service.

Afterwards, at tabach, the tea following the church service, Mr Hopkins stayed and met and talked with just about everyone, including Debbie and I.

I don't get crazy about celebs, and there are relatively few that I actually respect, but meeting Anthony Hopkins made my day.

More about Mr Hopkins at http://www.imdb.com/name/nm0000164/

They've killed Freedom! Those bastards!

Warm regards,

Col. Hogan
Stalag California

No comments: