Tuesday, September 26, 2006


America's Most Victimized (so far) Generation

I'm very proud, as many of you know, to be a huge fan and an acquaintance of Mr L Neil Smith. El Neil has written over twenty novels, every one of which I've read, most more than once. To me, he's second only to Ayn Rand, and a lot more fun.

Neil is still writing, and I eagerly await the publication of his next.

I've exchanged emails a few times with him, and have spoken to him on the phone a couple of times. A couple of years ago, I bumped into him at the Freedom Summit in Phoenix, and we had an hours-long conversation.

In spite of much of his fiery writing, such as that in the article I'm linking, He's an affable, mild-mannered fellow whom I'd be more than proud to call a friend. In fact, in spite of my very limited contact with him over the past several years, I will call him a friend!

I won't go into Neil's personal philosophy here, except to say that he's a libertarian's libertarian, and one of those current-day intellectuals who helps define the term.

Neil has just lost his mother, and has written a tribute to her, in his unique style, as well as to his previously deceased father and other members of their generation.

Please accept my deepest condolences for your loss, Neil.

My own limited ability to describe this essay compels me to merely link it, that you may judge for yourselves.

Death of a Generation, by L. Neil Smith

They've killed Freedom! Those bastards!

Warm regards,

Col. Hogan
Stalag California

No comments: