Wednesday, September 27, 2006


A Great Man Passes

Jeff Cooper, regular columnist and Editor-at-Large for Guns and Ammo magazine, passed away at home in Gunsite, Arizona, on the afternoon of September 25, 2006.

Off and on, over the past thirty-odd years, I've been reading and enjoying Col. Cooper's columns in Guns & Ammo magazine. I wrote to him once through the magazine, and have a wonderful personal reply from him, which I've saved.

I couldn't begin to list the number and nature of that which I've learned from his writings. He's made shooting sports more rewarding and more enjoyable for me in ways I can't begin to enumerate.

A gentleman's gentleman.

RIP, sir. You left the world a better place.

They've killed Freedom! Those bastards!

Warm regards,

Col. Hogan
Stalag California

No comments: